Redearth Education respects your right to the privacy of the personal information you provide us.
This is a privacy notice outlining how we gather, use and disseminate information within the Redearth Education organisation and through our website, in accordance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Any queries about the data we hold should be sent to:
1. How do we use information?
Redearth Education collects data for the purpose of helping our work towards our mission. Specifically, Redearth Education processes personal information in order to:
- administer donations (including keeping records of our supporters’ relationships with us)
- administer inquiries, including volunteering and job applications
- contact people with updates on our work
- contact people about opportunities to support our work
- help us make our website work better
- show us how people are using our website, so that we can keep improving it
- understand why people support our work, so we can better meet their needs and find more people like them
- analyse it alongside publicly available information to carry out due diligence on our donors and to help tailor our communications and products.
2. How we collect personal information?
We collect information in the following ways:
- When you interact with us
such as when you make a donation, complete a form, attend an event or inquire about volunteering.
- When you interact with third parties
such as when you make a donation through a third-party website e.g. Just Giving, and give your permission for your information to be shared with us
- Social media
if you engage with us on social media you might give us permission to process information from those accounts. The data we are given access to by social media services will vary but will always be in line with the Terms of that particular service. We will not be able to access your private messages, photos, etc.
- When you visit our website
- From other information that is available to the public
to help us tailor our communications, we may use information from publicly available sources such as Companies House or information published in the media.
3. What personal information we process
We process any personal information you actively provide to us, including from donations, enquiries and forms. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Personal information we process includes:
- postal addresses
- email addresses
- telephone/mobile numbers
- contact preferences
- taxpayer status (to understand if we can claim Gift Aid)
- gender (where this is appropriate, such as when you register for a running event)
- information about how people support us
- correspondence and details from interactions with our staff
- information that is publicly available
- Web browsers (and versions) used
- Information on how people use our website, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services
- Any other personal information provided to us
Sharing data with Third Parties
We will only ever share your information with trusted partners, agents or service providers to help us with our work or to help us better understand our supporters (such as MailChimp, JustGiving, our website and social media partners including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google Analytics.) These partners will only use your information under our instruction and will not use it for their own purposes.
Storage of information
Any information you share with us will be held electronically on a secure server. Any information provided to us in hard copy, e.g. membership application forms will be destroyed securely after processing.
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. To request this please contact us at [email protected] If you have a complaint or questions about the way we handle your information please contact us at the above email address.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any updates to our privacy notice will be visible here and we will notify our members of any significant changes. This privacy notice was last updated on 18/05/2018.